The Cambridge, UK based company is launching My Taptu as a new competitor to Flipboard on the mobile phone.
My Taptu is a free app and available today in the Apple App Store and Android Marketplace.
My Taptu solves the problem of information overload (or what’s been called “filter failure”). With My Taptu you get instant access to the latest buzz on all the stuff you’re into: your friends, your news, your sports, your music and your places.
The app draws on Taptu’s mobile search heritage to deliver highly personalized ‘streams’ in a simple, visual and elegant format. Now you can view streams at-a-glance and then dive in when you want to see more without hopping between apps.
See the App in action here:
How it Works:
- Streams are available in four different ways and can be added easily:
- Single Streams: Get your favorite content publishers or sources by adding their specific streams.
- Mixed Topic Streams: Mixed streams give you the latest content from a variety of sources on a certain topic.
Mixed streams not only place stories into a wider context, they may help you discover content or a new source you may never have known existed.
Curated by the Taptu editorial team and mixed for relevance and freshness by our search technology and advanced algorithms.
- Beyond RSS: Visual Streams of the best web sites that do not have a RSS feed or a mobile presence.
- Social Streams: Integrating Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn – allowing you to keep up to date with your friends as well as previewing the articles that they tweet or share with you.
Add the Twitter stream of your favorite musician, celebrity or politician and follow them right inside My Taptu.
Use StreamStore to find all of the best streams. You can add streams by clicking on trending topics, through the topics directory or by searching for them. You can also recommend, manage and share the streams with My Taptu.
- “My Taptu is a clever yet simple social news aggregator that we believe our customers will return to many times a day. We set out to give our customers the one-stop-app for the latest news and views from all the best sources, including their own friends and family, and that’s exactly what we’ve achieved.” – Mitch Lazar, CEO of Taptu
See the Taptu Executives discuss My Taptu and the motivations behind it in more detail here: http://www.youtube.com/user/taptu#p/u/4/HlEAL65I4js